About The Job
Pre-weigher is responsible for the pre-weigh (set-up) of various chemicals, dyes, and fragrances, per prescribed batch sheets using scales, buckets, and other measuring devices.
Duties & Responsibilities Required:
· Produce products according to batch sheets and customer’s specifications.
· Safely and neatly process, batch off, cut up, package and/or skid material to correct size/container according to customer specifications.
· Notify appropriate personnel of material stage.
· Establish and document processing parameters and/or product characteristics to obtain optimum productivity and quality of products produced.
· Notify appropriate personnel of any issues, problems or concerns in a timely manner.
· Checks issued raw materials and accurately weigh the appropriate raw materials for each specific product run mixing according to customer specifications/procedure, determining appropriate batch size/weight.
· Accurately supply/support multiple mill operators with appropriate materials/functions to efficiently keep all mills operational.
· Properly code finished products and unused raw materials.
· Communicate with appropriate people for mixing issues, changes, adjustments, or movement of material.
· Efficiently clean and maintain appropriate equipment and/or area to prepare for next batch.
· Complete appropriate paperwork and distribute.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times; follow safety and quality policies and procedures; continually operate in a safe manner.
· Utilize Lean Techniques for continuous improvements.
· Perform all work activities in accordance with Cardinal Rule guidelines and procedures.
· Adhere to ISO system requirements.
· Other job duties as assigned.
Education & Experience required:
- Applicants must also have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Good writing and communication skills are a must
- Ability to operate/run required pieces of machinery for weigh-up operation
- Operate digital and mechanical scales into required measurement
- Ability to follow procedures and recognize when to question continual improvement
- Ability to operate lift truck/tow motor
Physical Abilities and Skills Required:
Click here to apply for the job.
- Must have good foot-hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to stand 8 hours or more daily as needed
- Must be able to lift or carry at least 55 lbs repeatedly through the day
- Must be able to push at least 55 lbs repeatedly through the day
- Must be able to bend, sit, squat, stand, crawl, walk, and reach above shoulder
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to follow directions